Pray! helps you keep track of all the things you need to be praying for in a simple, intuitive, and efficient way.
Fast data entry
- New Request with two taps.
- Limited number of fields by design for simplicity.
Organize with Prayer Areas
- Assign as many Prayer Areas to a request as needed.
- Add, edit, or remove as many Prayer Areas as you wish.
Let Pray! remind you to pray
- Tell Pray! to remind you of events you need to pray for, like a doctor's appointment.
- Repeat reminders daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly, and add up to 64 reminders total.
- Reminds you even if Pray! isn't running.
Fast access to all your information
- Once you have a sufficient number of requests, Pray! adds the index bar for faster navigation.
- Each request shows you whether it is assigned to Prayer Areas or has a reminder at a glance.
- The list has been designed with speed in mind, so scrolling will be quick even with a lot of requests.
Filter Requests by Prayer Area
- The list can be filtered by a Prayer Area.
- The filter stays set even after Pray! has been closed and reopened.
- You could pray for requests in a different Prayer Area each day.
- The UI has been designed to be clean and intuitive.
- Stability and speed are very important design criteria.
That's a little higher on the list than an Android version, but it depends on how much time I can spare for it. It always helps to be bugged by lots of people to improve motivation to implement a certain feature :)
How can I backup my data?
Easy! Plug in your iOS device and start iTunes. Then navigate to your device, go to the "Apps" tab, and scroll to the very bottom. Find "Pray!" in the list and save the "PrayerBook.sqlite" file anywhere to back it up. Restore it in the same way by saving it back to the device!
How do I send you my crash logs?
iTunes automatically syncs them to your computer when you sync. You can find them here:
- Mac OS X: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>
- Windows Vista or 7: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>
Just email me the "PrayerBook<somethingsomething>.crash" files, and I will hopefully be able to fix the crash! Thanks!!
My reminders don't work anymore!
I have seen this happen and think it's an Apple thing. To fix it, go to your iPhone Settings and then Notifications, and disable all notifications for Pray!. Then enable them back. That should do the trick. If it doesn't, email me and we'll figure it out!
How about an Android version?
Unfortunately I don't have the resources to do that at the moment. I'd like to at some point, but that would be quite a ways away.
Pray! has been developed by one person to address the need for more efficient management of prayer requests. Despite a love for fountain pens and paper, keeping track of prayer requests on a phone seemed more useful and efficient. Pray! is the result of that thought process.
However, there are others who deserve credit for their work: